Tuesday, June 30, 2009

love.

I need your love to push me over the edge, my God, in following after you.

--scott olsen, coram deo church. come with me on sunday nights sometime this summer.

those words haunted me mainly because i've been turning this idea over in my mind ever since i read the shack. the thing is, we don't trust God unless we know Him. and we don't obey God unless we love Him. and so we are so busy trying to trust and trying to obey, but we skip the important parts. the knowing and the loving. the relationship aspect. and i'm realizing that i can't just strive for the results i want in my life. the journey with God, the knowing Him, this is what He wants, what He longs for and died for. and as i love Him more, His love will begin to change me. love and relationship brings about the transformation. this brings me a very deep peace, for i'm only starting to realize how much i try to earn the love and grace God has already given to me.

"So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it." Romans 9:16

No comments:

Post a Comment