Sunday, July 5, 2009

i need you, part deux.

"(Christ) makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love."

Ephesians 4:16

I need you. Yeah, you. Anyone else who knows Jesus in some small way, anyone else who has been chosen by God, because without you I can't do this. I will stay stagnant, I will waste away in sickness rather than experiencing healthy growth, and most terribly, I won't know love. I can't be a Christian and the Lone Ranger. My spiritual life has to be more than an individual devotional time every morning. I have to live life with you so that, in our similarities and perhaps most importantly our differences, we help one another grow. One might even say iron against iron. And then the body of Christ will be healthy, and His bride will be beautiful and well when He comes back for her.

More here.

No comments:

Post a Comment