Thursday, August 20, 2009

adam and eve were fools.

"The woman was convinced. She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it."

Genesis 3:6


I am a fool. I am Eve. My head knows that God's way is the path of life, but my heart is fickle and I am easily convinced otherwise. God says to me, eat freely of the garden, except for this tree, and that forbidden tree is the one I want. I doubt Him and trust me, and my head can't communicate to my heart about His wisdom and His greater plan. My head knows, but my heart rebels, and so over and over again, I am Eve, not trusting what He says to be for my own good. So I eat the fruit that wounds me, I eat the fruit and break the trust and reap the consequences.

My head knows. I know that God has a reason, always, when He tells me no. But often my heart does not believe, or it is anxious, or it is not willing to suffer in order to obey what it is that my head is telling me is right.

Trust and doubt and will and wanting. Will I ever deny myself and abandon it all to my Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment