Monday, September 28, 2009

love well.

i am just being loved so well by my friends. so well. i can't believe it sometimes. they pray with me and rub my back and fix my blinds and move furniture and bring me airborne and cook for me. and something has shifted within me since i came to seattle two years ago. now, most of all, i want to love these people that are so unbelievably, undeservedly loving of me. and also of the others, those who don't love me--i want to learn to love them too, those people who can't give me anything back. and other things get in the way of this loving, self-esteem and doubt and sin and trust issues. but being funny or being respected is not the point for me anymore. i'm not trying to impress everyone. i'm simply trying to love well.

Lord help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment