Thursday, November 4, 2010

liar, liar.

a few weeks ago, my pastor said that when we build our lives on a lie, it spreads its tentacles out and it affects everything--affects our behavior, our ability to live good and healthy lives, our ability to be well.  it is a form of spiritual oppression, having a foundation of a lie for your life.

an example of a lie like this might be:
i am not good enough.
true intimacy is impossible for me to achieve.
i can't let _____ go.
i am not really loved or known by anyone.
God does not hear me when i pray.

lately, with the help of the Holy Spirit, i've been beginning to root out the lies that have sneakily twisted their way into my life.  it feels very liberating.  i've spent a lot of time on my knees and a lot of time biting my tongue.  i want to continue this process because i believe it will have a sort of ripple effect: truth will ripple out through my life as i continue to identify lies that have been tricking me and ruining my life.

what lies have you been allowing to rule your life?

1 comment:

  1. I was following a lie until my eyes became open . . . thanks to my Lord Jesus Christ!

    God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete