Thursday, January 27, 2011

absurd.

if there is a theme of my blogs for the next six months, it will probably have something to do with either the future, finding a job, discovering my calling, and/or paying bills.

so don't let me forget this:

"'Take no thought for your life.  Matthew 6:25'
Common sense shouts aloud and says, 'That is absurd, I must consider how I am going to live, I must consider what I am going to eat and drink.'  Jesus says you must not.  Beware of allowing the thought that this statement is made by One Who does not understand our particular circumstances.  Jesus Christ knows our circumstances better than we do, and He says we must not think about these things so as to make them the one concern of our life.  Whenever there is competition, be sure that you put your relationship to God first...
What kind of mean imps have been looking in and saying--Now what are you going to do next month--this summer?  'Be anxious about nothing,' Jesus says.  Look again and think.  Keep your mind on the 'much more' of your heavenly Father."
Oswald Chambers

Big sigh.  OK God.  I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment