Friday, August 10, 2012

bright spots, II.

lately my life looks like this a lot:

 

so here are some things that are blessing me when my job feels so dreary and draining yet again:



roommate dinner at gas works (trader joe's orange chicken gets me every time).


1.  postcards from my nyc love 
2.  my silly pups
3.  skype dates with my prayer partner
4.  brave and spunky heroines (i need more of this in my life)



alki at sunset.


little treats in the mail (instagram prints here--i am definitely using this site again, they have fun options).



tea and blueberry bran muffins (baked goods--another weakness).




romance.


i would appreciate your prayers.  i am feeling a little directionless of late.  i am praying about this often, coming before God every morning, and i desperately want a breakthrough.  i want change.  i want a holy passion.  i want to meet needs, not just bless the blessed and serve the privileged. 
while i keep asking, i remember: "my grace is sufficient for you.  my strength is made perfect in your weakness."

1 comment:

  1. MORE ROOMMATE DATES MORE ROOMMATE DATES!


    *also - just spelled aksi - i understand with every fibre of my being. And I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete