Tuesday, January 29, 2013

list-making.







My brother mentioned he has kept a spreadsheet of every film he's watched since 2009 (apparently making lists is in our blood).  Not only can he keep track of his general viewing history, he uses it to note trends in his watching habits (i.e. I love that director or I can't handle this genre).

The books and films I've been appreciating often become blurred in my mind, and I have a hard time remembering what I've been reading, or what films I've seen.  If I want to remember something that inspired me, or make a suggestion to a friend, it's difficult to do if I can't even remember the title of the book or film.

I also like the the notion that I could practice being more intentional in my appetite for art, noticing what I truly enjoy, and what I should explore further.

So--the spreadsheets have been created!  Chris is keeping track of the films we've seen in 2013, since he has become quite the movie buff (we'll note both the films we watch together, and the films we see separately).  I've also created a separate spreadsheet to keep track of the books I'm reading, using my library receipts and some sleuthing to create a list beginning with books from this past autumn.  At the very least, I'd like to be able to make some good recommendations if asked.

Do you keep any unique lists?

image source

1 comment:

  1. Just updated my spreadsheet today. Maybe we can compare notes sometime.

    ReplyDelete