Thursday, April 11, 2013

noodles.

Last night, Chris and I had planned to make turkey meatballs and pasta for dinner.  I asked hopefully if we had any spaghetti noodles.  Chris stared at me and asked why I wanted to know.

For dinner?  It kind of pairs well with meatballs.

He stared at me even more intensely, and proceeded to recall a specific instance when we were shopping at Trader Joe's, he picked up some spaghetti noodles, and I said I didn't really like them and asked if we could buy a different kind of pasta noodle instead.

I stared back and told him he must have me confused with someone else, since The Spaghetti Factory and Kraft's Macaroni and Cheese were the highlights of my childhood.

All day today, he has been rejoicing in this new dietery option for our household, while assuring me he believes in my love for the spaghetti noodle and that there must have been some kind of miscommunication.

Early lessons in marriage: talk about your favorite foods.


 
similar to the face he made when he realized he could start buying spaghetti noodles again.

4 comments:

  1. You should have used labels like "Wisdom" and "Deep thoughts" also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't overuse the tag function...

      Delete
  2. I also have the labels "treat yo self", "good life choices" and "wise and wonderful" for occasions such as these.

    ReplyDelete