Friday, February 27, 2015

happy list.

A brief list of what's brightening my life during these winter months (and I suppose this can also function as a long-overdue "I'm about..." update):

1.  Chris' newly discovered passion for Gilmore Girls, via streaming on Netflix.  We're in the middle of season 3 and I may love it more now as an adult than I did as a sixteen-year-old girl.
2.  A brand-new bridge and re-haired bow for my viola.
3.  Tana French mysteries.
4.  Sending handwritten notes to loved ones.
5.  Some new DVDs to add to the workout rotation (I think the neighbors below must despise me as I leap about over their heads each evening).
6.  The stunning story-telling in this twenty-year-old book about two young boys growing up in the Chicago projects (it's on my happy list, but this is an emotional and heartbreaking read about the cycle of poverty for the black community in the '80s--especially when read in light of current racial tensions and discrimination).
7.  Cherry blossoms in February.
8.  The Liturgists podcast.
9.  Bob beginning as executive pastor of our little church later this month. (!)
10. Dreaming about traveling this year.


2 comments:

  1. Yes. These are such lovely things. I ordered 3 or 4 of the books from your reading list, and I am devouring them. So good. You thoughts and dreams and musings on this blog are exquisite. Keep writing, dear one. Lerve <3 Al

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear which books and how you like them! xo

      Delete