Friday, October 2, 2015

happy list.



1.  My sisterhood girls are driving to me right now.  Reunion time!
2.  The Moth podcasts.
3. Brené Brown's Rising Strong.  HOLY SMOKES. Practically every page deserves to be underlined and carefully studied.  One line that's really staying with me this week: "Compassionate people ask for what they need. They say no when they need to, and when they say yes, they mean it. They're compassionate because their boundaries keep them out of resentment.”
4.  Also on my bookshelf: Lauren Winner, my girl crush (she makes academia seem so thoughtful and reflective, seeking the sacred and writing about it in unexpected ways that take my breath away) and my first Liz Gilbert read, because people I trust have said really good things about this book and because I'm attempting to cultivate creativity in my life.
5. Watching Chris make his brother cry while giving his best man's toast.
6.  The arrival of my Get to Work Book (although it won't be put in the game until January).
7.  The absurd number of plants now living in my office space.
8.  Baby photos of Chris.
9.  Feeling free and whimsical enough to end this list on an odd number.


No comments:

Post a Comment